IDOC is an Australian RunUO Ultima Online Server, hosted in Perth.. Why not take a moment to check us out? Server Login is 150.107.72.26 Port 2593

HomeRegisterCalendarFAQSearchLog inServer Status
Current Recommended Client Version: 7.0.10.3 - Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy Client
New Server ip 150.107.72.26 Port 2593
Useful Links
IDOC Official Links:
IDOC Status
You Just Missed
World Maps and Players
IDOC Rules
IDOC Official Site
IDOC Server Status

Other Links:
UO Stratics
UO Guide

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Help us grow!
Take a moment, click a link..
Help us grow!

Game Sites 200

Help us grow, Click a link and vote!
Latest topics
» Pets stuck - Blood dugeons
by Henry Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 am

» Still going?!?!
by Henry Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 am

» character stuck
by Babarosi Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:02 am

» soustone skill
by menolito Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:15 am

» Discord Chat
by menolito Sun May 22, 2016 3:51 am

Share | 

Hello! Couple of new players incoming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tazz81
Novice poster
Novice poster

Guild : Knight

PostSubject: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:36 am

Hi All, After spending a lazy afternoon thinking of something to do I thought I would see if there were any active aussie uo shards up and now here I am! I should be on later tonight with my 2 boys if their keen. Am I able to make 3 accounts on the same ip?

If so keep an eye out for 3 noobs in about an hour and come say hi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Miner
Adept scribe
Adept scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:22 am

Welcome Tazz81, always great to see new players, the shard is growing very quickly!

You should be allowed up to five accounts per IP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Yay! Welcome and have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://idoc.forumotion.com
M4DH4773R
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:36 pm

server down again? , thought this was dedicated vps. seems like its on a home connection :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Nope - Its IINET - they are moving me to a new server. Same IP.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Will be 4-5 minutes
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:52 pm

We have had 3 outages in 4 months. Not perfect but gotta be hitting 99.9% availability!

1 minute.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Up.

Back to top Go down
M4DH4773R
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:56 pm

any chance we can get a server changelog, or at the very least info on what scripts are on the server? , also can we see neckies and earrings drop on mob loot? barely see any gorgets makes it hard to complete a template.
From what ive heard Unattended Resource macroing is legal here? correct?

Regards M4d
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4DH4773R
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:59 pm

sorry for all this posted in here, i never see any staff on and trying to get answers before i commit another week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Its a very loosely staffed server. As in just me.

Working on the change log - But will be this week some time.

Macroing is ok but not exploiting and as long as you are not bothering anyone.

Back to top Go down
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

Guild : ELF

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 am

changelog would be good... love this shard .afro 

Last edited by Aussie_01 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M4DH4773R
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:30 am

wow sorry for trying to get a bit of information before committing to playing here.
And all i really pushed for was a server changelog, bit hard to bring people here when i cant even tell them what features the server has.

I shall refrain from posting.
Have a great day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tazz81
Novice poster
Novice poster

Guild : Knight

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Well the eldest boy isn't keen just no appreciation for old school classics.

Been like 15 years since I have played I have forgotten nearly everything hopefully get the hang of it again soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Miner
Adept scribe
Adept scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Aussie, relax... MadHatter had nothing negative to say, he was asking a question. New players are exactly what we want here, more people = more fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Miner
Adept scribe
Adept scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:57 pm

OT: If you need anything Tazz, message me in-game i'll be sure to hook you up with what i can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Hello Chaps.

Welcome to new players! Its great to see you and if you need anything please let me know.

It's been a very busy time for me of late and getting the ML content into test took me a while!!!

I will get a change log of some description up by the end of the week, I have one in XLS but its ugly and wont do what we need, plan is somthing like this.... Thoughts?

Best Client to play with
Land masses in the game
Dungeons in the game
Stat and Skill caps
Extra's lilke quests and recipes etc
Skill Gain and Stat gain (is it slow/fast)
Races
[c Chat overview
[Mystats overview
[myhouses overview

More to follow and please add to the list that you want to see or think we need!

Back to top Go down
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 am

the speed at which durability decays items needs to be slowed down .. I have lost at champ spawns as i need to go back to my house to repair my weapons and armour.. .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 am

sorry.. my apologies. rendeer 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Miner
Adept scribe
Adept scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Item decay is fine, you need to get an item called 'Powder of Fortification' Which will boost your items durability up to 255 and thus make them last longer.

Such a product can be found on my vendors for a more than reasonable price.

Repair scrolls can also be found to make sure that your items are always at best condition.

At 255 durability your items should be lasting a very long time...

Alternatively, repair your items after every spawn. If you've already left it too late and they have >50 durability, they obviously won't take long to break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:22 am

Thanks Jerry, was typing a reply when I saw yours.

R
Back to top Go down
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:41 am

a]Thanks for the info jerry .I am aware of this .I am talking about the 99% of people that can't afford your prices.an item of 50 durability will last about 20 min in a champ spawn(most weapons have such durability). .. i am making suggestions that will improve the balance of the Game.Especially for new players.. (most players will get to the point where they realize their good items are breaking and will be like `ahh man i need to make a tailor to repair this item.... or stuff this game. just to be an axer i need to make a smith or a tailor and to get there they will need about 20 000 ingots and 20000 bits of cloth. not realistic. I mentioned this as a player its what i want fixed !! durabilty slowed down 50 % will improve it alot .

b]Recalling we should be able to recall in all dungeons in feluccia.(losing all your gear at the bottom of dungeon and not being able to retrieve it is why this is important,new players can't afford insurance as they usually die alot (600 gp x 10 = 1 death) people get stuck all the time .

I have been doing bods to get the powder but can't get them as yet.(after 30 days)

c] recipes would be good especially for bowyers.

Im a player ,im here to play the game. i am listing things that will improve my game play and new players game play without having to fork out all your gold each time to a player run vendor.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Miner
Adept scribe
Adept scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 am

A) a repair deed costs 999 gold, this is a trivial amount of money. A spawn should drop 300 - 400k, so ONE spawn will give you all the gold you need to buy tailor repair kits or train a tailor yourself and make your own. If you don't like my prices, do it yourself. Obviously if after 30 days you can't get a powder of fort, imagine how much work i've had to put in to get them and stop complaining about prices.

B) If you are constantly dying and losing all of your gear, perhaps you hunting in too strong a dungeon? The idea of not being able to recall in and out of tough dungeons is to discourage AFK gold farming of tough monsters, and make sure that challenging monsters remain exactly that, a challenge. UO is a team game, not a 'i-can-solo-everything' type game.

C) Henry has put up the details for the test shard to try the new ML addtions. Recipes (for bowyers) are part of that. As far as i know, pending further testing, they will be implemented as soon as players put the effort in to help it get debugged.

Again, as for repairing items, there are already game mechanics setup to assist with the constant deterioration of armor. They are easy and plentiful, if you don't want to choose one of your many options to fix/repair/improve armor don't complain until the game is changed to your favour, just knuckle down and do something about it that is proactive.

Jerry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerry the Miner
Adept scribe
Adept scribe

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:36 am

That being said, if you are struggling to keep your armor maintained message Jerry the Miner in-game and i will give you 5 powder of fort for free to keep you satisfied until you are better equipped to afford it yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello! Couple of new players incoming   

Back to top Go down

Hello! Couple of new players incoming
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1