IDOC is an Australian RunUO Ultima Online Server, hosted in Perth.. Why not take a moment to check us out? Server Login is 150.107.72.26 Port 2593

HomeRegisterCalendarFAQSearchLog inServer Status
Current Recommended Client Version: 7.0.10.3 - Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy Client
New Server ip 150.107.72.26 Port 2593
Useful Links
IDOC Official Links:
IDOC Status
You Just Missed
World Maps and Players
IDOC Rules
IDOC Official Site
IDOC Server Status

Other Links:
UO Stratics
UO Guide

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Help us grow!
Take a moment, click a link..
Help us grow!

Game Sites 200

Help us grow, Click a link and vote!
Latest topics
» Pets stuck - Blood dugeons
by Henry Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 am

» Still going?!?!
by Henry Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 am

» character stuck
by Babarosi Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:02 am

» soustone skill
by menolito Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:15 am

» Discord Chat
by menolito Sun May 22, 2016 3:51 am

Share | 

Bugs Suggestions and Feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evolution
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:52 am

Dear Henry

Bugs:
Stealing in doom makes you criminal
No teleporters in Sanctuary for the strong box quest
Multiple spawns of the named monsters for quests
Pink scrolls from champ spawn dropping for throwing

I am enjoying the shard thus far but I feel the grind now to get gear and 120 scrolls is just as hard if not harder than OSI, with the only suggestions for gear being to grind bods or group for peerless.
Bods take a huge amount of time to complete and then the crafted gear from them is totally random.
Onto peerless there seems to be no one geared or skilled enough on at the current time to do this

Suggestions to reduce the grind for power scrolls and gear:

Make crafting like making spell books, each weapon or armor has a chance to hit certain attributes at certain intensities so we can craft some of our own weapons and armor it will still be grindy and require work and resources but help to bridge the gap before obtaining artifacts and open up some of the higher content to newer players

Bump all loot, possibly restrict what properties spawn on what items so there is less useless junk as loot

Power scroll trade in, make it so players can trade in lower scrolls for higher ones, eg ten +10 scrolls for a +20 of the players choice.

Lbods could be filled with out needing to randomly grind out all the small bods making runic hammers and kits easier to come by, further vendors could only hand out Lbods

Bloodstone has a chance to drop in your backpack for every monster killed, this then could be traded in for power / stat scrolls and artifacts.

Treasures of Tokuno could also be turned on with the hand in quest to make more artifact level gear available

I haven't been into the Gauntlet yet but possibly let every dark father spawn kill drop an artifact, increase the spawn time on the doom artifacts or put more than one location in.

Thank you for your shard and the work you have put in

Cheers

Evolution
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Hey Evolution.

Thanks for the feedback - Really good that you took the time to post it.

I have a powerscroll swap shop running in test....It allows credits for scrolls and then you spend them on a random 120 scrolls etc Been thinking about it for a while - Thanks for the reminder. Try it out - Test Server IP is 203.217.2.168 - same account name and password. Its at Brit Bank.

What did you mean by "Pink scrolls from champ spawn dropping for throwing" and "Multiple spawns of the named monsters for quests"?

Sanctuary is currently not operational but its on my list of things to do - Sorry, just me so things take a while.

Again - Appreciate your feedback.... keep it coming.

I am considering opening up Tokuno - would like to get some other players feedback???

Bloodstones will drop on champ spawns and peerless soon - You can then buy credits to buy powerscroll credit.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://idoc.forumotion.com
Evolution
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:26 am

Dear Henry

By pink scrolls dropping I mean scrolls of transcendence I have 2x of these skill gain scrolls for throwing now

In sanctuary there is multiple spawns of the ettin Moug Yuur and even more of the succubus Szavetra, who can cast teleport and roam sanctuary freely instead of being in her little area

The power scroll trade in sounds like a step in the right direction.

I don't specifically want the land mass or dungeons for Tokuno opened up just some of the artifacts from this expansion were vital in putting together viable Pve / Pvp suits

With Bloodstone being redeemable for power scrolls could it also be possible to do this for artifacts?

Also could I have your feedback on my crafting ideas if its even possible to make it that way? (All craftables have random properties like spell books)
Also your ideas on bumping the loot or changing loot tables...

Sorry to go on and on about gear but the idea of a 3-4 month grind for power scrolls and arties and buring hundreds of runic kits for the filler parts isnt appealing at all Sad

Would it be possible to give all crafters access to all recipies to save us having to scrips accounts to unlock them? I dont think theres any fun to be had in handing in 10 heating stands over and over trying to unlock the scrappers compendium
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvolutionX
Apprentice poster
Apprentice poster

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:53 am

Henry wrote:

Bloodstones will drop on champ spawns and peerless soon - You can then buy credits to buy powerscroll credit.....  

Do you mean drop or spawn in backpack? because if they drop, it's a pointless mechanic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evolution
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:06 am

Also to add to the list, the timer for killing reds to gain Justice on OSI its 7 minutes on IDOC I'm not sure how long it is but Ive waited over an hour and still cant gain any justice killing the same red
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evolution
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:30 am

Another idea also, put runic kits, hammers, all BOD rewards on the NPC vendors for a price remove bods from the game I really don't think any one dose those because they get enjoyment out of them...

Or adding imbuing and making the mats for that moderately farm-able?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evolution
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:18 am

Henry its been a week and no reply or feed back?
Where are you / have you been?
I'm not going to invest any more time into this shard if it feels like you don't even care about it....

Do you acknowledge there is a big gap in gear progression?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 am

Hello. Life's busy post Christmas. The shard is run by myself and I invest monthly in hosting costs for prod and Dev. The shard is in a good place with regards to what I was aiming for. I don't plan to add items to vendors that can be obtained in the game world. I do have imbuing ready to go but I need to test it before release. You have only just arrived here, please give it some time, this shard is my hobby and will be up for years. It is not commercial and I do what I can to add content. When possible and when I have tested it 100 percent. If the shard is frustrating you please take a break, it's just a game, but come back. Yes it's the best Mmo of all time but just a game.

Last edited by Henry on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 am

P.s
It's also free! In fact its a weird thing that anyone who offers a freeshard.

I pay $100's of dollars to give you a game for free..... I must be mad, I also give a stack of my time developing scripts and supporting the shard... I am not looking for praise but its hard work running a shard, I love it as i love UO and apprecite EA for all there hard work over the years.
Back to top Go down
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

Guild : ELF

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:33 am

Love your work Henry !! , understand your time and having famly . thank you for offering a shard to play on .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:34 am

Bods are fun .. I do them all the time .... seems hard at first ,persistence and hard work gives you rewards ..everything takes time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henry
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Maybe a guide Aussie? To help ppl?
Back to top Go down
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:43 am

ok i will share my book marks which have helped me . i will give a guide to help players enjoy all aspects of the shard. i will create a new thread for this or add it to others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 am

I wrote a bod guide, talisman guide and added to taming ... will write one on artifacts ,paragons and luck in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bugs Suggestions and Feedback   

Back to top Go down

Bugs Suggestions and Feedback
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1