IDOC: An Australian RunUO Ultima Online Server - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDOC is an Australian RunUO Ultima Online Server, hosted in Sydney.. Why not take a moment to check us out? Server Login is 45.77.234.238 Port 2593

HomeRegisterLatest imagesSearchLog inServer StatusWe dont like the skill cap I_topic_move
Current Recommended Client Version: 7.0.10.3 - Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy Client
New Server ip 45.77.234.238 Port 2593
Useful Links
IDOC Official Links:
IDOC Status
You Just Missed
World Maps and Players
IDOC Rules
IDOC Official Site
IDOC Server Status

Other Links:
UO Stratics
UO Guide

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Help us grow!
Take a moment, click a link..
Help us grow!

Game Sites 200

Help us grow, Click a link and vote!
Latest topics
» NEW SERVER IP - 45.77.234.238
We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeby Henry Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:57 am

» Donations!
We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeby Henry Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm

» Back up !!!!
We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeby Henry Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 am

» Pets stuck - Blood dugeons
We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeby Henry Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 am

» Still going?!?!
We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeby Henry Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 am

We dont like the skill cap

Go down 
+3
h4mx0r
Henry
benny88
7 posters
AuthorMessage
benny88
Neophyte poster
Neophyte poster

We dont like the skill cap Empty
PostSubject: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:57 am

I have been talking to a few others on he shard who agree, and me and my bro agree that the skill cap isn't cool. YES its oldschool but uno none of the major shards are doing it these days and thats because its more fun.. I cant even have a proper dexxer fencer + tamer... maiinly cuz i need like maybe 100 more.. and thats taken up by the new skills like focus!

Anyway i was thinking maybe we could find common group and raise it to like 950? then maybe we could build characters that are fun and not COMPLETELY one dimensional... pllzzzzzzz

- Lord Ivanhoe II
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner
Henry

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:59 am

Lets open the debate up to the shard.... Anyone got an opinion?
Back to top Go down
https://idoc.forumotion.com
h4mx0r
Novice poster
Novice poster

PostSubject: Agree.   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:49 am

I agree 950 would be a much better option.

PaNiC/BigNuts
Back to top Go down
Aussie_01
Grandmaster scribe
Grandmaster scribe
Aussie_01

Guild : ELF

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:22 am

dont mess with skill cap its perfect.. not sure what shard you have played on but 700 is max on most.. seems like you and your brother want that changed... I would leave this shard if that happened. Balance is a very important issue with uo if you unbalance it the game can become super boring very fast and ruin that fine equilibrium PIMP .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:58 am

Agreed, i think its best left as it is. Makes the game more interesting when it isn't easy.
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner
Henry

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:18 am

I am still happy with the 750 cap. Seems fair and we have soul stones to help move the skills around.

Will keep watching this thread and see how we go.

H
Back to top Go down
halting
Apprentice poster
Apprentice poster

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 7:41 am

I like balanced and thoughtful templates with pros and cons.. 750 is good.
Back to top Go down
Jerry the Miner
Adept scribe
Adept scribe

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:12 am

I vote in favour of leaving skill-cap.

Having a cap means you need to put though into your characters and creates purpose for each character. Otherwise I would have one character with GM in everything and only run around with one player.

Imagine going to raid someone who has a 120, maxxed out character in every skill..
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner
Henry

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:31 am

I agree - but wanted to get some feedback. No change to skill-cap.

Henry.
Back to top Go down
Ordias
Staff
Staff
Ordias

Guild : STAFF

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 2:40 am

Not that I am round or do much anymore apart from lurk so my opinion is not worth much, but this statement is 100% accurate.

Jerry the Miner wrote:
Having a cap means you need to put thought into your characters and creates purpose for each character. Otherwise I would have one character with GM in everything and only run around with one player.

I know the decision for this has been finalised but I thought I might provide some insight into why skill caps are there and why being reserved in adjusting them should be handled carefully.

Having no skill cap removes the need for having multiple characters with multiple armor and skill sets, this impacts on the economy(not that UO has the best economy anyway) and the servers crafter's more directly because there is much less demand for high end items as there is less characters in the world.
But it does not stop there, think about other consumables that are used on a per character basis(i.e Power Scrolls, Stat Scrolls) the value of these is also potentially affected as there is less demand for them.
You could argue that different character use different skills anyway, but there is a potential for two different characters to require +105 in a skill but this is subject to the players build.

No skill cap means it is easier to do most everything because a progress guard is lifted, that progress guard comes in the form of needing to build alt's up to the point of being viable in whatever role you build them for, which costs time and items.

But it goes much deeper than this, sure it is easy to make a no skill cap server, and it is convenient having a character that can do it all but it does not come without a price and if the server is not built to accommodate such a change then it can have negative impacts on many fronts especially if things have not been developed to accommodate such characters.

- Great to see the server chugging along, and awesome to see people drop in here to discuss, Henry has done an awesome job!
Back to top Go down
Henry
Owner
Owner
Henry

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 2:54 am

Well said and great to see you!

Thanks for your wise words - I support all you said 100%!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We dont like the skill cap   We dont like the skill cap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We dont like the skill cap
Page 1 of 1